Friday, September 25, 2009

A Story From the Past Part VII: An Email From Friends

By Travis Lane

I received emails from some of my friends expressing their love, support, and prayers for my family. It truly meant so much to me to know that I am blessed to have lifetime friends. The world changes so quickly and people hardly ever stay in the same place anymore. I feel fortunate that a lot of my friends are friends I have had since childhood.

I am feeling overwhelmed by the people that have supported us. I run into people almost every day who have said they are following the blog. In some ways, I feel like I don't want that. It's like when I am driving in my car, sometimes I won't put my seatbelt on. I know it doesn't make sense, but I think that I don't need a seatbelt because I'm not going to need it. I'm not going to get in a wreck. In that sense, I don't want this blog. I don't want people following Ari's condition because it means she has a condition to follow.

I do want eveyrone to know that I am grateful for all of your love and support. I know my family has received emails and notes from hundreds of people wishing us well and wanting them to forward their thoughts. I appreciate it so much. There is not much anyone can do to fix this problem, but the support certainly helps to ease the pain. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment