Monday, October 12, 2009

My first testimony meeting since returning home

By Haley Lane

I should have known my first testimony meeting after coming home from the hospital would be emotional. The Bradshaw side of me just bawls like a baby. No matter what, when we are all together, if my Dad starts crying we all go down. It is pretty bad. I can never say all I want to, when I start out crying.

Today I felt that I had to get up and publicly thank my Father in Heaven for his love and letting us keep our little girl. I truly know I am loved. I am so grateful for the Savior and The Atonement. I am grateful for the knowledge that He suffered all my pains, not just the pains of sin and repentance but also pains of sorrow and trials. He truly does make our burdens lighter. He will never leave us. I am grateful for my trials because I know they make my marriage stronger, my family stronger, and my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior stronger.

I think there are two types of trials: one that bring you closer to Christ; and ones that you let take you away. Hopefully, we can take every trial we have as an opportunity to bring us closer to Christ.

Jay also got up and bore his testimony. Like my Dad, he has a really strong testimony. One thing he said that I completely agree with, is knowing how bad you can miss Sacrament meeting when you don't have the opportunity to go. Jay said that in Africa they called for permission to administer their own sacrament because there was no organized branch or ward in their area. I feel the same way. I love gong to church. I always have. I feel that it renews me and helps me get through life. I am so grateful for the gospel and being able to take the Sacrament. After not being able to go to church, for whatever reason I start to crave it so bad. It is like a big part of me is missing.

Corey also got up and bore his testimony. He got my tears falling all over again. He is an amazing person. I am so grateful for all my family and blessings. I am so grateful for each of my beautiful kids. The scripture about having joy in your posterity is so true. My kids really do fill my life with joy. I am so grateful for Travis. I try to Thank Heavenly Father for him every day. My hope is that if I am grateful for the most amazing husband, Father, and best friend anyone could ever have, I will deserve to keep him forever. My goal in being a good wife is to treat him half as good as he treats me. I love him so much. Like I always say, "I really am spoiled."

No comments:

Post a Comment