Sunday, February 27, 2011

A letter from Marcus

Dear Travis, Haley, and the family this is Marcus Lane, I wanted to see how you are doing. If you don’t remember me I am Eric and Ingers oldest son about to go on a mission. I hope that you guys are doing great. I want to thank you for saturday and the words expressed. I feel like I am new person after going to Ari’s Service. When I first got there for the viewing and when i saw her beautiful face I started to cry. The spirit in that room was strong. It was almost unbearable. Even though Ari lived for a short time on this earth she set an amazing example for all of us to follow. After the service as I was driving home all I could think about is how can I live like Ari and be in tune with the spirit.I also thought about Ari’s life and what she had to overcome. That saturday night I was unable to sleep at all. I thought a lot about how selfless Ari was, she cared about other people and as Travis said she would say everything is perfect even when she was in pain. She lived a life very similar to how our savior lived his life by caring for others around her and showing unconditional love because of the greatness and impact her live has been for me I have made a promise to myself, Heavenly Father and the Savior for the rest of my life and for eternity I will try to live like Ari and follow in her footsteps and be strong even when the world is telling me not to. I have never been more comfortable about going on a mission since saturday. What few know about me is that I was suppose to serve a mission in Omaha, Nebraska when I was 19. I was in the MTC for 4 days and on the second day I started to freak out because I missed family, home, the daily easy routine I had back at home. I tried to escape from the MTC on the third day but found the phycologist instead. He tried to get me to stay but I felt so home sick that I ended up leaving on that saturday. When I came home I told everyone that I might go back and serve a mission when I am more mature. In my mind I dreaded the MTC and a mission. I associated so much negativity to a mission that I never wanted to go on one. About 1 year and 6 months later I went to sweden expecting to stay there for 5 years to finish college. A little before my first semester ended I told my dad and my family that I wanted to serve a mission. I came back home about three weeks ago and am currently finishing my papers. The reason why I am bringing this up is because the day before I went to Ari’s service I really had a lot of doubts about a mission and I wasn’t sure I would be able to serve. After seeing your wonderful family and Ari I know that everything is going to be fine. I cannot even begin to understand how much your family had to go through. I want you to know that you are the best parents that Ari has. I also know that Ari is so proud to be your daughter. Thank you so much for everything. When I go and serve a mission I will put Ari and Uncle Scott in my mind and live like they lived. I want to thank you again for allowing me to find the perfect role model in my life that I will try to live up to. I am keeping you in my prayers. If your family ever needs anything let me know and I don’t mind at all driving up to Utah.
Take care Marcus LANE

Thank you so much Marcus. Your letter ment so much to me. Ari was by far the most strongest amazing spirit I have ever known. Why I was the lucky one to be her Mom I'm not sure. but I feel truely blessed. Knowing her life could touch others makes me so happy. We love you and wish you luck with every thing. Thank you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment