Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A word of encouragement

Written by Elizabeth Lane Hibbard

It is amazing to me what can happen when life seems daunting. It's amazing how many friends and family and strangers reach out to you. I received a wonderful email from a complete stranger who has been following Ari's blog. He too is a parent of an LCH child. I forwarded the information he gave me to Travis. I have also received the following email on Facebook from a friend who is from our hometown of Page, Arizona. Her daughter suffered from LCH and they have a wonderful success story. There is still hope.

Liz,

My heart is breaking for Travis and his family. Brooke had to get these high dose chemo treatments as well. 5 days in a row of 24 hour chemo and we would be home for a week and back in the hospital for 2 or 3 weeks at a time from all the side effects. We spent Aug-Dec 2008 in the hospital. Doing all the blood transfusions, procedures, and surgeries as well. My prayers are with you all. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. We will be celebrating Brooke's end of treatment party on Thurs. I will ask for prayers for Ari from everyone there. Please keep me updated. On a positive note when we reached this stage of the game they told us Brooke only had a 30% chance and she is HEALED! Praise God. Miracles do happen and I'm believing for Ari.


Love,


Felicia

5 comments:

  1. Trav and Haley We are thinking about you guys. And sweet little Ari we love you so much. It was good to see you on Sunday, but so hard to see you in so much discomfort and pain. Hang in there babe. Thanks for being such a trooper. You are amazing. We love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog while searching for images of LCH rashes.
    Arianna is so beautiful.
    My son Golden has been battling LCH since he was 6 months old. He also had high risk mutli-system, relapsed and had to go through high dose chemo (ara-c and 2cda).
    I just wanted to share with you that he is now a thriving 2 1/2 year old.
    The high dose chemo was very hard on him, but it worked.
    Here is our blog address if you are interested in reading more
    web.mac.com/bryanrandolph
    There is a contact page on the blog if you would like to stay in touch.
    With Love and Hope,
    Jennifer Randolph
    Golden's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you, your sweet family and all the doctors and nurses who care for Ari. We love you and wish we could take some of the struggle away for you. Hugs from the Sanderson's ... all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My individual and family prayers are with your beautiful family. I love having Kaley in my primary class, and love seeing the love and compassion she has for Arianna. I am sorry to hear that Arianna has had a relapse, and will continue to pray for your family. Love from the Edgels:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers are with you Travis,Haley and baby Ari. If there is anything I can do please let me know. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete