Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Primary Children's Is A Second Home

Written by Liz Hibbard

I was on my way to the airport in Vegas tonight. I was so sad because I have to leave my three kids for another week while I work in St. George. I hate saying goodbye to them every week. When we were half way there, Travis called to remind me about the headlights on the truck he's been letting me use for the last four months. He didn't know I was coming tonight, but the thought occurred to him to call me. And, because he is always thinking of others, he wanted to make sure I was going to remember what to do with the headlights.

I asked him how Ari is doing. He said they expect her to be in the hospital for at least the next two to three months. Her belly is swollen and he said her head looks round and swollen too. She is in alot of discomfort pain. Mostly, her illness causes her discomfort; however, she also has a lot of pain too.

After talking to him, I looked at my husband, Brant, to whom I had been complaining earlier. I said, "I will be glad to leave my children each week in comparison to what Travis and Haley are going through. I am thankful this is my trial and that we don't have a child going through what Ari is experiencing. " Of course, Brant agreed. I don't think there are very many people out there that wouldn't be more grateful for their challenges in comparison.

I am thankful for Travis, Haley, Ari, and their children. They have been such a great example to me. Haley and Travis are so positive. I truly believe it is impossible to get Haley to say anything bad about anybody. Her heart is so sweet and pure, she cannot even begin to think ill of another person.

I don't know why we have the trials that we do. I think despite the hardship, we just have to be grateful and look at the silver lining. Sometimes it is hard to see. I know that our ways are not always the Lord's ways. I will keep praying for Ari as I know everyone else will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment