Sunday, December 12, 2010

Travis

Well I got to thinking the other day that my life is a bit challenging. But then I thought of all the blessings I have and the list seemed to never end. However my mind went back to the picture of Arianna vomiting and convulsing uncontrollably, with tubes in her mouth, nose and lines running into her chest, with numerous other lines on her head, arms and feet to sustain her life. The monitors indicating her heart rate at a dangerous amount her breathing so low that she is requiring a machine to breath for her, her head so swollen that it looks deformed her stomach literally 4x the size it should be due to the disease that has infected her organs and brain.

That is a sad picture for anyone to witness especially as her parent, you want so bad to somehow help her or even take her place. I am safe to say, that is not something a father wants to witnesses his 2 year old daughter going through. However, this morning I am grateful that this is my challenge. Today I read in the Book of Mormon Moroni Chapter 9 and thought how terrible that would be to be a father and have to witness your daughters lives to come to an end in such an evil and horrible way.

Then I thought about the challenge it is to face these investors on a daily bases, it really hurts to know that I have put these people in such a financial wreck, the fear that they have, the negative feelings they have towards me ect. But then I read verse 6 and Mormon was very inspiring in his words. Even as bad as the situation was for him he continued "diligently"

I really want to thank all of you for your prayers, fasting, love and support. It is comforting to know that I have friends and family that care and that are willing to help in anyway that they can. "its just a good feeling to know your not alone"

I really am grateful for my challenges it has given me an opportunity to exercise and increase my faith, hope and to be able to dig deep inside of me and become a better person, by being diligent and never giving up. I am learning that victory and success is not defined by the outcome, that it is defined by the honor and integrity that you fight for and stand for despite the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment