Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today a good friend of ours died. Her name was Jessenia. She was 9 years old and completely full of life. She came here with an 85% chance to live. We arrived at about the same time but she has never been able to leave.

Some days I lay in bed and I will hear the bells ring, This means a child has finished their last chemo and is getting to go home. hopefully never to return here again. It makes me cry every time.

No matter the out come a lot of times it all about the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Haley my heart goes out to you. Every time Jaden has been in the hospital when we walk past the cancer wing we always feel so blessed that we are part of the neurology wing. I know how hard it has been with Jaden's medical issues and I can't begin to imagine what you and Ari are going through. Everyone in your wing are amazing people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend. You cancer warriors are amazing. Our prayers are always with ya!

    ReplyDelete